Mind mapping is
- when a diagram is used to visually display information.
- used for outlining written documents, organizing thoughts, support memory recall and decision making.
- Can be pen and paper or by software
- They can be simple words and branches, or they can be coloured coded and/or pictures.
For children with dyslexia some classroom tasks are difficult such as;
- Taking notes on a topic
- Gathering information for a story
- Creating an ordered and logical flow with their writing (starting at the beginning)
- Understanding the big picture of what is required
Mind mapping is a technique to support the dyslexic student with those areas that are challenging and works with their visual strengths.
Software options for mind mapping
Pen and paper mind mapping video